Friars Minor Franciscan Monastery Museum
T +385 020 321 410
9.00 − 18.00 hrs
9.00 − 14.00 hrs
The Small Friar’s Pharmacy is one of the oldest in Europe, but it is the oldest in terms of its continuous service, available even today.
The year 1317 is considered as the date when both the monastery and the pharmacy were established. The pharmacy possesses one of the most priceless collections of literature on pharmacology and medicine, with over 2,000 prescriptions, as well as furniture and pharmacology equipment dating to the 15th century.
The museum also has invaluable manuscripts and chorales, paintings by unknown masters, as well as the reliquary of the head of St. Ursula dating to the 14th century.